Care Assistant (Nights) - Westbank
|Care Assistant (Nights) - Westbank|
Are you looking to work locally, with hours to suit you? Are you caring, personable and trustworthy?
We are seeking Care Assistants to join our friendly team, at Westbank care home in Borough Green, Kent, if you want to make a real difference to people’s lives, we’d love to hear from you.
For this role we are offering:
- A welcome bonus of £300 (with certain conditions)
- Night shifts on offer (8pm - 8am), including weekend work
- Full time contract
- 36 - 48 hours available
- Ongoing support with training and development
- An identified career pathway
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Uniform provided
- To support each of the residents to remain as active and independent as possible within the constraints of their condition.
- Demonstrate skill and imagination in helping residents deal with everyday difficulties arising from their memory problems or physical health.
- Encourage and support each resident to do as much as possible for themselves in all aspects of daily living, which will include washing, dressing and continence.
- Use initiative and imagination in helping residents succeed at familiar tasks.
- Work flexibly, providing help with physical care as and when necessary to maximise opportunities for the residents to enjoy previous recreational interests, social and religious preferences.
- Respect the residents’ rights of choice, privacy, and dignity and be sensitive to each persons needs.
- Work together with the team on goals that are directly relevant to daily life of each resident and his or her family members by implementing individualised ‘active living’ programmes.
- Demonstrate an ability to build and maintain relationships with people whose understanding is impaired and their families through good communication skills.
- Offer many opportunities each day for residents to engage in situations with personal meaning, a sense of community, choices and fun.
- Take responsibility by following tailored plans of assistance for mobility, communication, social interaction, nutrition and physical care.
- Encourage residents to engage in physical exercises and activities to help increase strength and dexterity.
- Assist residents with their mobility having received training in the use appropriate equipment and will be responsible for the safe and proper use of such equipment.
- Work independently and show initiative at maintaining a stimulating and homely environment for each resident.
- Complete and maintain necessary daily records painting a full picture of social engagement, activities and physical care.
- Assist with serving meals and drinks and feed residents unable to feed themselves.
- Respect rights for privacy and demonstrate high professional standards of propriety in their day-to-day work.
- Understand and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Liaise with other professionals and relatives to achieve the best outcome for each resident.
- Attend training as required to enhance and update their skills and maintain a record of this training
- Maintain a safe environment for other staff, residents and visitors through an awareness of statutory requirements for fire, health and safety and manual handling policies.
- Undertake any other activities which may be deemed necessary by the senior staff in the home
Why join us?
Westbank care home is elegantly styled which provides beautiful open plan living accommodation for all of our residents. The home provides excellent care for up to 40 older people who are living with dementia, or who require residential care or nursing care.
Westbank is proud of its Good CQC rating and is working towards achieving an Outstanding in the next inspection. If you are motivated by the above and would like to be part of a great team, we'd love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.