Cook - Buxton Lodge
|Cook - Buxton Lodge|
We are seeking an experienced and hard working Cook, to join our friendly team at Buxton Lodge Care Home which is based in Caterham on the Hill in Surrey CR3.
This role also requires working alongside the residents at the home, please see key responsibilities below.
For this role we are offering:
- Part time, 30 hours per week
- Working hours: 2 days working 7am - 6pm, 3rd day working 7am - 3pm
- Also required to work every other weekend
- Ongoing support with training and development
- An identified career pathway
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Uniform provided
To carry out all duties as directed by the Head Cook, relating to meal preparations, orders and staff requirements, whilst maintaining food hygiene standards.
- To control and monitor the progress of assistants and trainees and inform the Head Chef accordingly of any training required.
- To maintain the standard of health and hygiene as instructed by the Head Chef.
- To prepare special diet meals in accordance with instructions from the care staff.
- To ensure a high level of service for all meal times.
- To complete all documentation relating to HACCP.
- To ensure report any defects to equipment to the Home Manager.
- To ensure good quality and portion control.
- Assist Head Chef with four weekly menu planning.
- To carry out all general duties and responsibilities in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To carry out any reasonable duties requested by senior staff that will aid and assist the smooth running of the home.
Why join us?
Buxton Lodge Care Home has been rated 9.6 on Carehome.co.uk, the home cares for up to 44 older people who require residential or nursing care, or who are living with dementia.
If you are interested and have the experience please submit your CV, we look forward in hearing from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.