Cook/Kitchen Assistant (Full time) - Buxton Lodge
|Cook/Kitchen Assistant (Full time) - Buxton Lodge|
We are seeking an experienced and hard working Cook, to join our friendly team at Buxton Lodge Care Home which is based in Caterham on the Hill in Surrey CR3.
This role also requires working as a Kitchen Assistant and working alongside the residents at the home, please see key responsibilities for both jobs below.
For this role we are offering:
- Full time hours, including weekend work
- Cook 20 hours, Kitchen Assistant 21 hours per week
- Ongoing support with training and development
- An identified career pathway
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Uniform provided
Cook job duties:
- To prepare high quality meals in accordance with the dietary requirements of our residents
- To ensure a high level of service for all meal times, ensuring prompt delivery of food to table
- To maintain the standard of health and hygiene as instructed by the Head Chef
- To complete all documentation relating to HACCP.
- To report any defects of any kitchen equipment to the Home Manager.
- To ensure good quality of food at all times, ensuring portions are maintained
- Assist the Head Chef with four weekly menu planning.
- To carry out all general duties and responsibilities in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To support and monitor the progress of assistants and inform the Head Chef accordingly of any training required
- To carry out any reasonable duties requested by senior staff that will aid and assist the smooth running of the home.
Kitchen Assistant job duties:
- To ensure familiarisation with company policies and procedures.
- To ensure C.O.S.H.H. requirements are met at all times.
- To wash up with respect for all equipment particularly that which can be easily broken.
- To ensure all equipment is maintained and in working order.
- To adhere strictly to the kitchen cleaning rota.
- To ensure kitchen floor and work surfaces are thoroughly disinfected daily.
- To ensure dishwasher cleaning schedule is adhered to.
- To carry out all tasks allocated by Chef/Cook efficiently.
- To ensure that tea trolley is set up and ready for use throughout the day.
- Where applicable to wipe all bedroom tables thoroughly when collecting food trays.
- To empty bins regularly and dispose of waste bags into appropriate containers for collection.
- To ensure all condiment containers are filled and cleaned weekly.
- To ensure tables are laid in dining room.
- To ensure trays of hot or cold drinks with biscuits is made and delivered to visitors/relatives as required.
Why join us?
Buxton Lodge Care Home has been rated 9.6 on Carehome.co.uk, the home cares for up to 44 older people who require residential or nursing care, or who are living with dementia.
If you are interested and have the experience please submit your CV, we look forward in hearing from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.