Domestic & Laundry Assistant - The Oaks
|Domestic & Laundry Assistant - The Oaks|
We are seeking an experienced and hard working Domestic assistant who will also cover Laundry duties to join our friendly team at The Oaks Care Home which is based in in Lexden, Colchester.
The Oaks is 3.4 miles from Hythe station and 1.6 miles from Colchester North station with excellent bus routes.
For this role we are offering:
- Full time hours on offer
- 40 hours per week, including weekends
- Ongoing support with training and development
- An identified career pathway
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Uniform provided
Domestic Key Responsibilities:
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper to the required Company standards. Cleaning duties can be in any area of the nursing home.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Home Manager.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions of the Home Manager.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home
- Carry out other ad hoc duties as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Home Manager.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- To ensure trolley’s are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy
Laundry Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with Guidelines for Laundry and Infection Control.
- When working in the laundry Infection Control measures must be complied with at all times, gloves and aprons must be worn for loading dirty/soiled linen into machines.
- Ensure cuts are covered with suitable plaster/dressing.
- Infected/soiled linen to be collected and laundered in Red Alginate bags.
- Ensure pockets have been checked to avoid unwanted items going through the laundry process.
- Ensure familiarisation with Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that Infection Control & Prevention policy, regulations and guidelines are adhered to.
- All breakages and breakdowns to be reported to the Home Manager or Person-in-Charge immediately to ensure any necessary action can be taken.
- Any clothing repairs to be undertaken or reported to Keyworker or family.
- Check clothing is marked with Residents name to avoid loss or wrongly placed items.
Why join us?
The Oaks Care Home is highly regarded in the local area, and has a Good CQC rating.
The Oaks was completely refurbished to a high standard in summer 2017, it is a home led by a fully trained professional team. The home provides care for up to 61 older people who require residential or nursing support, or who are living with dementia.
If you have experience then please apply, we look forward in hearing from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.