Kitchen Assistant - The Oaks
|Kitchen Assistant - The Oaks|
We are seeking an experienced and hard working kitchen assistant, to join our friendly team at The Oaks Care Home which is based in in Lexden, Colchester.
The Oaks is 3.4 miles from Hythe station and 1.6 miles from Colchester North station with excellent bus routes.
For this role we are offering:
- Part time hours
- 30 hour contract per week, including weekend work
- Ongoing support with training and development
- An identified career pathway
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Uniform provided
Kitchen Assistant job duties:
- To ensure familiarisation with company policies and procedures.
- To ensure C.O.S.H.H. requirements are met at all times.
- To wash up with respect for all equipment particularly that which can be easily broken.
- To ensure all equipment is maintained and in working order.
- To adhere strictly to the kitchen cleaning rota.
- To ensure kitchen floor and work surfaces are thoroughly disinfected daily.
- To ensure dishwasher cleaning schedule is adhered to.
- To carry out all tasks allocated by Chef/Cook efficiently.
- To ensure that tea trolley is set up and ready for use throughout the day.
- Where applicable to wipe all bedroom tables thoroughly when collecting food trays.
- To empty bins regularly and dispose of waste bags into appropriate containers for collection.
- To ensure all condiment containers are filled and cleaned weekly.
- To ensure tables are laid in dining room.
- To ensure trays of hot or cold drinks with biscuits is made and delivered to visitors/relatives as required.
Why join us?
The Oaks Care Home is highly regarded in the local area, and has a Good CQC rating.
The Oaks was completely refurbished to a high standard in summer 2017, it is a home led by a fully trained professional team. The home provides care for up to 61 older people who require residential or nursing support, or who are living with dementia.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.