Do you want to make a real difference to people's lives? Are you organised and personable?
If so, we would love to hear from you! We are seeking a professional and energetic 2nd Chef to join our team.
This role involves planning and presenting high quality meals for elderly residents living at The Oaks Care Home. Ideally we are looking for someone who has experience working with older people, in a similar environment, but passion and creativity in the kitchen is a must.
For this role we are offering:
- Competitive pay
- 40 hour contract, (including weekend work)
- Ongoing support with training and development
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Uniform provided
- To prepare high quality meals in accordance with the dietary requirements of our residents
- To ensure a high level of service for all meal times, ensuring prompt delivery of food to table
- To maintain the standard of health and hygiene as instructed by the Head Chef
- To complete all documentation relating to HACCP.
- To report any defects of any kitchen equipment to the Home Manager.
- To ensure good quality of food at all times, ensuring portions are maintained
- Assist the Head Chef with four weekly menu planning.
- To carry out all general duties and responsibilities in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To support and monitor the progress of assistants and inform the Head Chef accordingly of any training required
- To carry out any reasonable duties requested by senior staff that will aid and assist the smooth running of the home.
Why join us?
The Oaks Care Home is highly regarded in the local area, and has a Good CQC rating.
The Oaks was completely refurbished to a high standard in summer 2017, it is a home led by a fully trained professional team. The home provides care for up to 61 older people who require residential or nursing support, or who are living with dementia.
If you are motivated by the above and would like to be part of a great team, we'd love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.