2nd Chef/Cook - The Oaks
|2nd Chef/Cook - The Oaks|
We are seeking a professional and energetic Chef to join our team. This role involves planning and presenting high quality meals for residents living at The Oaks Care Home, which is based in Lexden, Colchester.
The Oaks is 3.4 miles from Hythe station and 1.6 miles from Colchester North station with excellent bus routes.
If you want to make a real difference to people’s lives, then we’d love to hear from you.
For this role we are offering:
- Full time hours, including weekend work
- 40 hours per week
- Ongoing support with training and development
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time hours)
- Uniform provided
- To control and monitor the progress of assistants and trainees and inform the Head Chef accordingly of any training required.
- To maintain the standard of health and hygiene as instructed by the Head Chef.
- To prepare special diet meals in accordance with instructions from the care staff.
- To ensure a high level of service for all meal times.
- To complete all documentation relating to HACCP.
- To ensure report any defects to equipment to the Home Manager.
- To ensure good quality and portion control.
- Assist Head Chef with four weekly menu planning.
- To carry out all general duties and responsibilities in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To carry out any reasonable duties requested by senior staff that will aid and assist the smooth running of the home.
Why join us?
The Oaks Care Home is highly regarded in the local area, and has a Good CQC rating.
The Oaks was completely refurbished to a high standard in summer 2017, it is a home led by a fully trained professional team. The home provides care for up to 61 older people who require residential or nursing support, or who are living with dementia.
If you are have worked in a care home as a chef or chef experience then we’d love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.