Activities Coordinator (Bank contract) - Kenwood
|Activities Coordinator (Bank contract) - Kenwood|
Do you want to make a real difference to people's lives? Are you organised and personable? If so, we would love to hear from you! We are seeking a responsive, respectful and energetic and experienced Activities Coordinator to join our team.
This role involves planning person-centred events and activities for elderly residents living at Kenwood Care home which is based in North Finchley, London. Ideally we are looking for someone who has experience working with older people, in a similar environment, but passion and creativity is a must.
For this role we are offering:
- Bank contract
- Based on a as and when required basis, no guaranteed hours
- Ongoing support with training and development
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Uniform provided
- To maintain a stimulating programme of leisure pursuits and social events for both groups of residents and on an individual basis.
- Produce a weekly social events programme and ensure that it is advertised within the home.
- To ensure that the social care plan for each resident is in place within three weeks of the date of admission and reviewed regularly.
- To consult with and assess each resident in order to identify their social and recreational requirements according to their likes, dislikes, abilities and needs.
- To organise social and recreational events within and without the home.
- To assess on a regular basis the effectiveness of the programme of social events and recreational pursuits.
- To liaise and consult with relatives and other staff within the home when writing social care plans.
- To assess and evaluate social care plans on a monthly basis.
- To assist and support residents at meal times ensuring that the appropriate equipment is available and that the ambience is conducive to a relaxed environment.
- To liaise with the senior person in charge on a daily basis.
- To involve residents in social events organised by the local community and encourage community groups to have involvement in the life of the home.
- To ensure the spiritual and worship needs of residents are met.
- To build and maintain a suitable stock of social events and hobby equipment such as: craft materials, board games, jigsaws, cards, needlework, paints, etc.
- To provide inspiration resources and ideas to care staff for group and one to one social events.
- To maintain standards of infection control within the home and to assist residents to maintain their own infection control needs.
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Company in order to fulfil your duties.
- To attend appropriate training courses and/or programmes to enhance personal and professional knowledge and skills.
Why join us?
Kenwood nursing home, situated in Finchley, North London, is a charming converted Victorian home for up to 32 older people who require nursing care or who are living with dementia.
We recognise that our residents are unique and respect that everyone needs their own space and time. We encourage and support everyone to participate in the varied activities and events that are organised in all our homes.
Whether it’s just chatting in the living areas or gardens with friends and family, enjoying live entertainment or actively baking, getting creative with arts and crafts, but each activity programme is centred around the individuals interests and hobbies.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement:
As part of New Century Care’s recruitment and employment process you will be asked to confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status, including if required, your agreement to be vaccinated if not yet administered and your agreement to regular COVID-19 testing.
This is to ensure the safety and well-being of all our residents and staff.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.