Activities Coordinator - Buxton Lodge
|Activities Coordinator - Buxton Lodge|
Do you want to make a real difference to people's lives? Are you organised and personable? If so, we would love to hear from you! We are seeking a responsive, respectful, energetic, and experienced Activities Coordinator to join our team.
Buxton Lodge Care Home is a CQC registered care home which has been rated good. The home cares for up to 44 older people who require residential or nursing care, or who are living with dementia.
- Must be creative and have previous activities experience
- Must have experience of working with older people
- Able to work well as part of a team and independently
- Obtains good communication skills
- To have the values of making a positive impact
What we can offer:
- Competitive Salary of £21,840 per annum
- Full time contract, on days
- 40 hours per week and must be able to work every other weekend
- Paid breaks
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Yearly salary review
- Paid uniform provided
- On-going support with Training and Development
What does the job role involve?
This role involves planning person-centred events and activities for elderly residents living at Buxton Lodge Care home.
We recognise that our residents are unique and respect that everyone needs their own space and time. We encourage and support everyone to participate in the varied activities and events that are organised in all our homes.
Whether it’s just chatting in the living areas or gardens with friends and family, enjoying live entertainment or actively baking, getting creative with arts and crafts, but each activity programme is centred around the individuals interests and hobbies.
This role also involves:
- Organising stimulating programmes of leisure pursuits and social events for both groups of residents and on an individual basis.
- Produce a weekly social events programme
- To ensure that the social care plan for each resident is in place
- To consult with and assess each resident in order to identify their social and recreational requirements according to their likes, dislikes, abilities and needs.
- All other duties required for a activities coordinator
Why join us?
Our employees play a important role in our care homes and our values are based on ‘We Care About Care’. We are looking for individuals who have the same values and are able to help us make a real difference to the residents in our homes.
If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home and are looking for a rewarding job then we’d love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.