Chef - Aaron House
|Chef - Aaron House|
Do you want to make a real difference to people's lives? Are you organised and personable?
If so, we would love to hear from you! We are seeking a professional and energetic Chef to join our team.
We are seeking an experienced and hard working Domestic Assistant to join our friendly team at Aaron House care home which is based in Penicuik, Edinburgh.
Aaron House care home, is a grand, converted mansion house, located in beautiful, spacious grounds, in a quiet rural area of Edinburgh. The home is supported by a friendly and committed team, fully trained in providing care for older people who require residential, nursing, or who are living with dementia.
- Must have previous chef/cooking experience
- Able to work well as part of a team and independently
- Obtains good communication skills
- To have the values of making a positive impact
What we can offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Full time contract
- 48 hours per week, including weekend work
- Pay rate: £30,700 per annum, paid breaks
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Yearly salary review
- Paid uniform provided
- On-going support with Training and Development
What does the job role involve?
This role involves planning and presenting high quality meals for elderly residents living at Westbank Care Home. Ideally we are looking for someone who has experience working with older people, in a similar environment, but passion and creativity in the kitchen is a must.
- To co-ordinate all aspects of kitchen production so that food is prepared to the agreed standard and that time deadlines are met
- To implement and supervise all aspects of kitchen control e.g. menus, hygiene, health and safety, staff, cleaning and waste control.
- To have full understanding of H.A.C.C.P, to ensure all staff adhere to H.A.C.C.P
- To prepare menus for the nursing home taking into account the content, balance, colour and nutritional values, inline with agreed budget.
- To consult with residents on a regular basis to ensure that their needs and choices are being met.
- To prepare special diets for residents as directed by the nursing staff.
- To maintain the agreed stock levels of food.
- To implement and maintain an agreed deep cleaning schedule for the kitchen.
- To carry out stock takes at the end of each month.
- To implement four weekly rota.
- All other duties as per the job role.
Why join us?
Our employees play a important role in our care homes and our values are based on ‘We Care About Care’. We are looking for individuals who have the same values and are able to help us make a real difference to the residents in our homes.
If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home and are looking for a rewarding job then we’d love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.