Chef/Cook – Westbank, Borough Green
|Chef/Cook – Westbank, Borough Green|
Do you want to make a real difference to people’s lives? Are you organised and personable?
If so, we would love to hear from you! We are seeking a professional and energetic Chef to join our team.
This role involves planning and presenting high quality meals for elderly residents living at Westbank Care Home. Ideally we are looking for someone who has experience working with older people, in a similar environment, but passion and creativity in the kitchen is a must.
For this role we are offering:
- Competitive pay
- 20 – 30 hour contract, (including weekend work)
- Working hours: 7.30am to 5.30pm
- Two week rolling rota – Week 1 Saturday and Sunday, Week 2 Friday and Saturday
- Ongoing support with training and development
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Uniform provided
- To prepare high quality meals in accordance with the dietary requirements of our residents
- To ensure a high level of service for all meal times, ensuring prompt delivery of food to table
- To maintain the standard of health and hygiene as instructed by the Head Chef
- To complete all documentation relating to HACCP.
- To report any defects of any kitchen equipment to the Home Manager.
- To ensure good quality of food at all times, ensuring portions are maintained
- Assist the Head Chef with four weekly menu planning.
- To carry out all general duties and responsibilities in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To support and monitor the progress of assistants and inform the Head Chef accordingly of any training required
- To carry out any reasonable duties requested by senior staff that will aid and assist the smooth running of the home.
Why join us?
Westbank care home is elegantly styled which provides beautiful open plan living accommodation for all of our residents.
The home provides excellent care for up to 40 older people who are living with dementia, or who require residential care or nursing care. Westbank is proud of its Good CQC rating and is working towards achieving an Outstanding in the next inspection.
If you are motivated by the above and would like to be part of a great team, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We look forward in hearing from you.