Cook - Kenwood
|Cook - Kenwood|
We are seeking an experienced and hard working Cook, to join our friendly team at Kenwood Care Home in North Finchley, London N12
This role also requires working alongside the residents at the home, please see key responsibilities below.
For this role we are offering:
- Full time hours, 36 per week
- Also required to work every other weekend
- Ongoing support with training and development
- An identified career pathway
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Uniform provided
To carry out all duties as directed by the Head Cook, relating to meal preparations, orders and staff requirements, whilst maintaining food hygiene standards.
- To control and monitor the progress of assistants and trainees and inform the Head Chef accordingly of any training required.
- To maintain the standard of health and hygiene as instructed by the Head Chef.
- To prepare special diet meals in accordance with instructions from the care staff.
- To ensure a high level of service for all meal times.
- To complete all documentation relating to HACCP.
- To ensure report any defects to equipment to the Home Manager.
- To ensure good quality and portion control.
- Assist Head Chef with four weekly menu planning.
- To carry out all general duties and responsibilities in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To carry out any reasonable duties requested by senior staff that will aid and assist the smooth running of the home.
Why join us?
Kenwood has been rated Good by the CQC, it is a charming converted Victorian home for up to 32 older people who require nursing care or who are living with dementia.
If you have the experience and would like to apply, we would love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.