Cook - South Haven Lodge
|Cook - South Haven Lodge|
|South Haven Lodge|
Are you looking to work locally ? Do you enjoy cooking and have experience? Are you able to work alongside residents in a Care Home to cater for their meals?
We are seeking an experienced and hard working cook to join our friendly team at South Haven Lodge Care Home which is based in Woolston, Southampton.
South Haven Lodge Care Home is a CQC registered care home which can care for up to 45 older residents who require residential, nursing care or who are living with dementia.
- Must have previous cooking experience
- Has a Food hygiene certificate
- Able to work well as part of a team and independently
- Obtains good communication skills
- Able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities set
- To have the values of making a positive impact
What we can offer:
- Full time contract
- Day shifts
- 48 hours available per week
- £23,961 per annum
- Paid breaks
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Yearly salary review
- Paid uniform provided
- On-going support with Training and Development
What does the job role involve?
This role involves carrying out duties for meal preparations, orders and staff requirements, whilst maintaining food hygiene standards and the following tasks:
- To prepare special diet meals in accordance with instructions from the care staff.
- To ensure a high level of service for all meal times.
- To complete all documentation relating to HACCP.
- To ensure report any defects to equipment to the Home Manager.
- To ensure good quality and portion control.
- Assist Head Chef with four weekly menu planning.
- All other duties related to the Cook role.
Why join us?
Our employees play a important role in our care homes and our values are based on ‘We Care About Care’. We are looking for individuals who have the same values and are able to help us make a real difference to the residents in our homes.
If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home and are looking for a rewarding job then we’d love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.