Cook/Kitchen Assistant - Aaron House
|Cook/Kitchen Assistant - Aaron House|
We are seeking an experienced and hard working Cook/Kitchen Assistant to join our friendly team at Aaron House care home which is based in Penicuik, Edinburgh.
Aaron House care home, is a grand, converted mansion house, located in beautiful, spacious grounds, in a quiet rural area of Edinburgh. The home is supported by a friendly and committed team, fully trained in providing care for older people who require residential, nursing, or who are living with dementia.
- Previous Cooking and kitchen assistant experience is required
- Able to work well as part of a team and independently
- Obtains good communication skills
- Able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities set
- To have the values of making a positive impact
- Full vaccinated, both COVID vaccine received
What we can offer:
- Full time contract available
- 35 hours per week
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Yearly salary review
- Paid uniform provided
- On-going support with Training and Development
What does the job role involve?
Cook and a Kitchen Assistant play an important part in our care homes, ensuring our residents are, provided with healthy food and maintaining a clean and safe environment in the kitchen.
The role includes the following tasks:
- To prepare special diet meals in accordance with instructions from the care staff.
- To ensure a high level of service for all meal times.
- To complete all documentation relating to HACCP.
- To ensure report any defects to equipment to the Home Manager.
- To ensure good quality and portion control.
- Assist Head Chef with four weekly menu planning.
- To ensure C.O.S.H.H. requirements are met at all times.
- To ensure kitchen floor and work surfaces are thoroughly disinfected daily.
- To ensure dishwasher cleaning schedule is adhered to.
- Where applicable to wipe all bedroom tables thoroughly when collecting food trays.
- To empty bins regularly and dispose of waste bags into appropriate containers for collection.
- To ensure trays of hot or cold drinks with biscuits is made and delivered to visitors/relatives as required.
- All other duties as per the Cook and Kitchen Assistant role
Why join us?
Our employees play a important role in our care homes and our values are based on ‘We Care About Care’. We are looking for individuals who have the same values and are able to help us make a real difference to the residents in our homes.
If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home and are looking for a rewarding job then we’d love to hear from you.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement:
As part of New Century Care’s recruitment and employment process you will be asked to confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status, including if required, your agreement to be vaccinated if not yet administered and your agreement to regular COVID-19 testing.
This is to ensure the safety and well-being of all our residents and staff.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.