Domestic Assistant - Buxton Lodge
|Domestic Assistant - Buxton Lodge|
We are seeking an experienced and hard working Domestic Assistant to join our friendly team at Buxton Lodge care home which is based in Caterham on the Hill, Surrey.
Buxton Lodge Care Home is a CQC registered care home which has been rated good. The home cares for up to 44 older people who require residential or nursing care, or who are living with dementia.
- Previous domestic experience is required
- Able to work well as part of a team and independently
- Obtains good communication skills
- Able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities set
- To have the values of making a positive impact
- Full vaccinated, both COVID vaccines received
What we can offer:
- Part time contract available
- 20 hours per week
- Pay rate: £8.91 per hour, with paid breaks
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Yearly salary review
- Paid uniform provided
- On-going support with Training and Development
What does the job role involve?
Domestic Assistants play an important part in our care homes, ensuring it is a clean and safe environment for our residents and staff.
The role includes the following tasks:
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To ensure trolley’s are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy.
- All other duties as per the domestic assistant role.
Why join us?
Our employees play a important role in our care homes and our values are based on ‘We Care About Care’. We are looking for individuals who have the same values and are able to help us make a real difference to the residents in our homes.
If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home and are looking for a rewarding job then we’d love to hear from you.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement:
As part of New Century Care’s recruitment and employment process you will be asked to confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status, including if required, your agreement to be vaccinated if not yet administered and your agreement to regular COVID-19 testing.
This is to ensure the safety and well-being of all our residents and staff.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.