Domestic/Laundry Assistant - The Oaks
|Domestic/Laundry Assistant - The Oaks|
We are seeking an experienced and hardworking Domestic/Laundry Assistant to join our friendly team at The Oaks Care home, which is based in Lexden, Colchester.
The Oaks Care Home is highly regarded in the local area, and has a Good CQC rating. The home is homeled by a fully trained professional team. The home provides care for up to 61 older people who require residential or nursing support, or who are living with dementia.
- Previous domestic and laundry experience is required
- Able to work well as part of a team and independently
- Obtains good communication skills
- Able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities set
- To have the values of making a positive impact
What we can offer:
- Part time contract available
- 33 hours available per week
- £16,473 per annum
- Paid breaks
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Yearly salary review
- Paid uniform provided
- On-going support with Training and Development
What does the job role involve?
Domestic and Laundry Assistants play an important part in our care homes, ensuring it is a clean and safe environment for our residents and staff.
Domestic Key Responsibilities:
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To ensure trolley’s are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy.
- All other duties as per the domestic assistant role.
Laundry Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with Guidelines for Laundry and Infection Control.
- When working in the laundry Infection Control measures must be complied with at all times, gloves and aprons must be worn for loading dirty/soiled linen into machines.
- Infected/soiled linen to be collected and laundered in Red Alginate bags.
- Ensure pockets have been checked to avoid unwanted items going through the laundry process.
- Ensure that Infection Control & Prevention policy, regulations and guidelines are adhered to.
- Any clothing repairs to be undertaken or reported to Keyworker or family.
- Check clothing is marked with Residents name to avoid loss or wrongly placed items.
- All other duties as per the laundry assistant role.
Why join us?
Our employees play a important role in our care homes and our values are based on ‘We Care About Care’. We are looking for individuals who have the same values and are able to help us make a real difference to the residents in our homes.
If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home and are looking for a rewarding job then we’d love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.