Domestic/Laundry Assistant - Westbank
|Domestic/Laundry Assistant - Westbank|
We are seeking an experienced and hard working Domestic assistant who will also cover Laundry duties to join our friendly team at Westbank care home which is based in Borough Green, Kent.
For this role we are offering
- Part time hours on offer
- 20 hour contract, including weekend work
- Ongoing support with training and development
- An identified career pathway
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Uniform provided
Domestic Key Responsibilities:
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper to the required Company standards. Cleaning duties can be in any area of the nursing home.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Home Manager.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions of the Home Manager.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home
- Carry out other ad hoc duties as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Home Manager.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- To ensure trolley’s are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy.
Laundry Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with Guidelines for Laundry and Infection Control.
- When working in the laundry Infection Control measures must be complied with at all times, gloves and aprons must be worn for loading dirty/soiled linen into machines.
- Ensure cuts are covered with suitable plaster/dressing.
- Infected/soiled linen to be collected and laundered in Red Alginate bags.
- Ensure pockets have been checked to avoid unwanted items going through the laundry process.
- Ensure familiarisation with Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that Infection Control & Prevention policy, regulations and guidelines are adhered to.
- All breakages and breakdowns to be reported to the Home Manager or Person-in-Charge immediately to ensure any necessary action can be taken.
- Any clothing repairs to be undertaken or reported to Keyworker or family.
- Check clothing is marked with Residents name to avoid loss or wrongly placed items.
Why join us?
Westbank care home is elegantly styled which provides beautiful open plan living accommodation for all of our residents. The home provides excellent care for up to 40 older people who are living with dementia, or who require residential care or nursing care.
If you are motivated by the above and have a passion of working as a domestic/laundry assistant and would like to be part of a great team, we'd love to hear from you.
If you have experience and are interested in applying, please submit your CV. We look forward in hearing from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.