Kitchen Assistant (Bank hours) - Aaron House
|Kitchen Assistant (Bank hours) - Aaron House|
We are seeking an experienced and hard working kitchen assistant, to join our friendly team at Aaron House care home which is based in Penicuik, Edinburgh.
For this role we are offering:
- Bank hours on offer (No guaranteed hours)
- Flexibility of working when required
- Ongoing support with training and development
- An identified career pathway
- Uniform provided
Kitchen Assistant job duties:
- To ensure familiarisation with company policies and procedures
- To ensure C.O.S.H.H. requirements are met at all times.
- To wash up with respect for all equipment particularly that which can be easily broken.
- To ensure all equipment is maintained and in working order.
- To adhere strictly to the kitchen cleaning rota.
- To ensure kitchen floor and work surfaces are thoroughly disinfected daily.
- To ensure dishwasher cleaning schedule is adhered to.
- To carry out all tasks allocated by Chef/Cook efficiently.
- To ensure that tea trolley is set up and ready for use throughout the day.
- Where applicable to wipe all bedroom tables thoroughly when collecting food trays.
- To empty bins regularly and dispose of waste bags into appropriate containers for collection.
- To ensure all condiment containers are filled and cleaned weekly.
- To ensure tables are laid in dining room.
- To ensure trays of hot or cold drinks with biscuits is made and delivered to visitors/relatives as required.
Why join us?
Aaron House care home, in Penicuik, Edinburgh, is a grand, converted mansion house, located in beautiful, spacious grounds, in a quiet rural area of Edinburgh. The home is supported by a friendly and committed team, fully trained in providing care for older people who require residential, nursing, or who are living with dementia.
If you have the experience and would like to apply, we would love to hear from you.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement:
As part of New Century Care’s recruitment and employment process you will be asked to confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status, including if required, your agreement to be vaccinated if not yet administered and your agreement to regular COVID-19 testing.
This is to ensure the safety and well-being of all our residents and staff.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.