Kitchen Assistant - The Oaks
|Kitchen Assistant - The Oaks|
Are you looking to work locally ? Do you enjoy working in the kitchen and have experience? Are you able to work alongside residents in a Care Home to cater for their meals?
We are seeking an experienced and hard working Kitchen Assistant to join our friendly team at The Oaks Care Home which is based in Lexden, Colchester.
The Oaks Care Home is highly regarded in the local area, and has a Good CQC rating. The home is homeled by a fully trained professional team. The home provides care for up to 61 older people who require residential or nursing support, or who are living with dementia.
- Must have previous kitchen assistant experience
- Has a Food hygiene certificate
- Able to work well as part of a team and independently
- Obtains good communication skills
- Able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities set
- To have the values of making a positive impact
What we can offer:
- Part time contract
- Day shifts
- 30 hours available per week
- Pay rate: £14,976
- Paid breaks
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Yearly salary review
- Paid uniform provided
- On-going support with Training and Development
What does the job role involve?
- To ensure C.O.S.H.H. requirements are met at all times.
- To wash up with respect for all equipment
- To ensure kitchen floor and work surfaces are thoroughly disinfected daily.
- To ensure dishwasher cleaning schedule is adhered to.
- To ensure that tea trolley is set up and ready for use throughout the day.
- Where applicable to wipe all bedroom tables thoroughly when collecting food trays.
- To empty bins regularly and dispose of waste bags i
- To ensure tables are laid in dining room.
- To ensure trays of hot or cold drinks with biscuits is made and delivered to visitors/relatives as required.
- All other duties related to the Kitchen Assistant role.
Why join us?
Our employees play a important role in our care homes and our values are based on ‘We Care About Care’. We are looking for individuals who have the same values and are able to help us make a real difference to the residents in our homes.
If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home and are looking for a rewarding job then we’d love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.