Kitchen Assistant/Cook- South Haven Lodge
|Kitchen Assistant/Cook- South Haven Lodge|
|South Haven Lodge|
Are you looking to work locally ? Do you enjoy cooking and have experience? Are you able to work alongside residents in a Care Home to cater for their meals?
We are seeking an experienced and hard working Kitchen Assistant with cooking experience, to join our friendly team at South Haven Lodge Care Home which is based in Woolston, Southampton.
South Haven Lodge Care Home is a CQC registered care home which can care for up to 45 older residents who require residential, nursing care or who are living with dementia.
- Must have previous kitchen assistant and cooking experience
- Has a Food hygiene certificate
- Able to work well as part of a team and independently
- Obtains good communication skills
- Able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities set
- To have the values of making a positive impact
- Must be fully vaccinated with both COVID vaccines
What we can offer:
- Part time contract
- Day shifts
- 24 hours available per week
- £9.10 per hour
- Paid breaks
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Yearly salary review
- Paid uniform provided
- On-going support with Training and Development
What does the job role involve?
This role involves carrying out duties for meal preparations, orders and staff requirements, whilst maintaining food hygiene standards and the following tasks:
- To prepare special diet meals in accordance with instructions from the care staff.
- To ensure a high level of service for all meal times.
- To complete all documentation relating to HACCP.
- To ensure report any defects to equipment to the Home Manager.
- To ensure good quality and portion control.
- Assist Head Chef with four weekly menu planning.
- All other duties related to the Cook role.
- To ensure C.O.S.H.H. requirements are met at all times.
- To wash up with respect for all equipment
- To ensure kitchen floor and work surfaces are thoroughly disinfected daily.
- To ensure dishwasher cleaning schedule is adhered to.
- To ensure that tea trolley is set up and ready for use throughout the day.
- Where applicable to wipe all bedroom tables thoroughly when collecting food trays.
- To empty bins regularly and dispose of waste bags i
- To ensure tables are laid in dining room.
- To ensure trays of hot or cold drinks with biscuits is made and delivered to visitors/relatives as required.
- All other duties related to the Kitchen Assistant role.
Why join us?
Our employees play a important role in our care homes and our values are based on ‘We Care About Care’. We are looking for individuals who have the same values and are able to help us make a real difference to the residents in our homes.
If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home and are looking for a rewarding job then we’d love to hear from you.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement:
As part of New Century Care’s recruitment and employment process you will be asked to confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status, including if required, your agreement to be vaccinated if not yet administered and your agreement to regular COVID-19 testing.
This is to ensure the safety and well-being of all our residents and staff.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.