Registered Nurse (Days) - Aaron House
|Registered Nurse (Days) - Aaron House|
|Full & Part time hours|
We are seeking a caring and dedicated nurse to join our friendly team at Aaron House Care Home, in Penicuik, Edinburgh.
Aaron House care home, is a grand, converted mansion house, located in beautiful, spacious grounds, in a quiet rural area of Edinburgh. The home is supported by a friendly and committed team, fully trained in providing care for older people who require residential, nursing, or who are living with dementia.
- Must have previous nursing experience
- Valid NMC pin number
- Able to work well as part of a team and independently
- Obtain good communication skills
- To have the values of making a positive impact
What we can offer:
- £1,000 joining bonus (paid net & subject to certain conditions)
- Full time contract's available
- 36 hours per week (Part time and bank hours are also available!)
- Pay rate: £33,265 per annum
- Day shifts on offer
- Working hours: 8am – 8pm, with paid breaks
- NMC revalidation provided
- Paid uniform
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Yearly salary review
- On-going support with Training and Development
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £500 - £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
What does the job role involve?
- Our clinical roles are demanding, busy and full of personal reward and job satisfaction and we are looking for a nurse that is able to:
- Ensure the ongoing safety of residents
- Able to act as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice
- Can supervise care staff on a day to day basis and through formal supervision processes
- Liaise with GPs and other health professionals to ensure that residents receive the medical and clinical support they require
- Keep up to date with clinical developments and best practice in areas relevant
- To be responsible for the safe and appropriate management, administration and recording of medication, including controlled drugs and oxygen, in accordance with NMC requirements and Procedures.
- Be knowledgeable about Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policies and Procedures and report any untoward events in accordance with New Century Care and Local Authority requirements
- All other duties required as per the nursing job role.
If you are committed to delivering first rate care to elderly people, whilst maintaining their dignity, independence and individuality, we’d love to hear from you.
Why join us?
Our employees play a important role in our care homes and our values are based on ‘We Care About Care’. We are looking for individuals who have the same values and are able to help us make a real difference to the residents in our homes.
If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home and are looking for a rewarding job then we’d love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.