Registered Nurse (Days) - Buxton
|Registered Nurse (Days) - Buxton|
|Full & Part time|
We are seeking a caring and dedicated nurse to join our friendly team at Buxton Lodge Care Home, in Caterham on the Hill, Surrey.
Buxton Lodge Care Home is a CQC registered care home which has been rated good. The home cares for up to 44 older people who require residential or nursing care, or who are living with dementia.
- Must have previous nursing experience
- Valid NMC pin number
- Able to work well as part of a team and independently
- Obtain good communication skills
- To have the values of making a positive impact
- Full vaccinated, both COVID vaccines received
What we can offer:
- Competitive Salary of £19.44 per hour, plus paid breaks
- £1,000 joining bonus (paid net & subject to certain conditions)
- Paid NMC revalidation
- Full and part time contracts available
- Days on offer 24, 36 or 48 hours per week
- Working hours: 8am – 8pm, days including 1 hour paid break
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Yearly salary review
- Paid uniform provided
- On-going support with Training and Development
What does the job role involve?
- Our clinical roles are demanding, busy and full of personal reward and job satisfaction and we are looking for a nurse that is able to:
- Ensure the ongoing safety of residents
- Able to act as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice
- Can supervise care staff on a day to day basis and through formal supervision processes
- Liaise with GPs and other health professionals to ensure that residents receive the medical and clinical support they require
- Keep up to date with clinical developments and best practice in areas relevant
- To be responsible for the safe and appropriate management, administration and recording of medication, including controlled drugs and oxygen, in accordance with NMC requirements and Procedures.
- Be knowledgeable about Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policies and Procedures and report any untoward events in accordance with New Century Care and Local Authority requirements
- All other duties required as per the nursing job description
If you are committed to delivering first rate care to elderly people, whilst maintaining their dignity, independence and individuality, we’d love to hear from you.
Why join us?
Our employees play a important role in our care homes and our values are based on ‘We Care About Care’. We are looking for individuals who have the same values and are able to help us make a real difference to the residents in our homes.
If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home and are looking for a rewarding job then we’d love to hear from you.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement:
As part of New Century Care’s recruitment and employment process you will be asked to confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status, including if required, your agreement to be vaccinated if not yet administered and your agreement to regular COVID-19 testing.
This is to ensure the safety and well-being of all our residents and staff.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.