Registered Nurse - Nights - Aaron House
|Registered Nurse - Nights - Aaron House|
We are seeking a caring and dedicated nurse to join our friendly team at Aaron House Care Home, in Penicuik, Edinburgh.
Our clinical roles are demanding, busy and full of personal reward and job satisfaction. If you are committed to delivering first rate care to elderly people, whilst maintaining their dignity, independence and individuality, we’d love to hear from you.
For this role we are offering:
- £1,000 joining bonus (paid net & subject to certain conditions)
- Competitive Salary
- Full time contracts available
- Nights on offer, 36 hours per week
- Working hours: 8pm - 8am nights with paid breaks
- On-going support with Training and Development
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Uniform provided
- Provide leadership and support for care staff and act as an champion for residents safety and dignity
- To maintain skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to latest guidelines and best practice evidence available
- Ensure the ongoing safety of residents, staff and visitors through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes.
- Ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used
- Act as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice
- Provide effective leadership and support for the care team within the home
- Supervise care staff on a day to day basis and through formal supervision processes
- Liaise with GPs and other health professionals to ensure that residents receive the medical and clinical support they require
- Undertake the role of Named Nurse for a cohort of residents
- Demand high quality care delivery focused on residents individually assessed needs and choices
- Promote the professional image of the services through excellent communication, appropriate behaviour and professional appearance
- Support new nurses and care staff in the completion of induction programs, training and competency assessment
- Maintain skills and keep up to date with clinical developments and best practice in areas relevant to care delivery in the home
- Undertaken training appropriate to the roll, as agreed with the Home Manager, and ensure learning is shared and transferred into practice
- Review the daily delivery of care, including pressure area prevention, nutrition and infection prevention and control procedures. Ensure high standards of care delivery are maintained
- To be responsible for the safe and appropriate management, administration and recording of medication, including controlled drugs and oxygen, in accordance with NMC requirements and New Century Care Policies and Procedures.
- Act at all times within your own skills and competence in accordance with the NMC code of practice
- Conduct and document care and risk assessments and develop care plans related to the assessed needs and choices of individual residents
- Ensure that areas of identified risk are appropriately monitored and outcomes recorded and acted upon e.g. fluid and nutrition charts, turning regimes, blood glucose monitoring
- Report all accidents and incidents promptly in accordance with New Century Care Policy. Ensure accident/incident reports are written clearly and concisely and that any remedial action or learning is incorporated into care delivery
- Ensure that residents are encouraged and supported to remain as independent and active as possible. Promote the philosophy of activity based care
- Ensure the safety and comfort of all residents, whilst encouraging a happy, homely atmosphere
- Be knowledgeable about Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policies and Procedures and report any untoward events in accordance with New Century Care and Local Authority requirements
- Ensure that clinical equipment is maintained in a safe, clean and fully functional state. Report any equipment failures or damage to the Home Manager
- Be responsible for the care and protection of residents property
- Be aware of company policies and procedures and ensure requirements are incorporated into practice
- Ensure effective and clearly documented handover systems are maintained to facilitate the effective transfer of information between staff and shifts
- Attend and participate in nurse and staff meetings as arranged by the Home Manager/Clinical Lead
- Understand the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (2008) in relation to consent and best interest decision making
- Provide information to residents and relatives in relation to care delivery, being mindful of data protection and Caldicott requirements
- Ensure high standard of record keeping are maintained in accordance with NMC, Health and Social Care Act (2008) and Essential Standards of Quality and Safety (2010) and company requirements
- Act at all times within own competence and knowledge in line with NMC registration requirements.
- Report any concerns regarding poor performance or unsafe practice via line management
- Intervene immediately in situations where there is significant risk to residents
- Assist the Home Manager to meet all relevant regulatory, contract and good practice standards.
- Maintaining necessary residents confidentiality; at all times being mindful of Caldicott requirements and following the Nursing and Midwifery Council code of conduct
- Participate in continuous professional development to ensure requirements of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) for PREP and continuing registration are met.
Why join us?
Aaron House care home, in Penicuik, Edinburgh, is a grand, converted mansion house, located in beautiful, spacious grounds, in a quiet rural area of Edinburgh. The home is supported by a friendly and committed team, fully trained in providing care for older people who require residential, nursing, or who are living with dementia.
At New Century Care you’ll have quality time to spend with our residents, ensuring you can give truly personalised care.
If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home, then we’d love to hear from you.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement:
As part of New Century Care’s recruitment and employment process you will be asked to confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status, including if required, your agreement to be vaccinated if not yet administered and your agreement to regular COVID-19 testing.
This is to ensure the safety and well-being of all our residents and staff.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.