Senior Care Assistant - The Oaks
|Senior Care Assistant - The Oaks|
Are you an experienced, committed, and caring Care Assistant looking for a step up? or your next role with more responsibility?
We are seeking a professional and passionate Senior Care Assistants to join our friendly and supportive team, at The Oaks Care Home, in Lexden, Colchester.
The Oaks is 3.4 miles from Hythe station and 1.6 miles from Colchester North station with excellent bus routes.
The Oaks Care Home is highly regarded in the local area, and has a Good CQC rating. The home is homeled by a fully trained professional team. The home provides care for up to 61 older people who require residential or nursing support, or who are living with dementia.
- Previous senior care experience would be desirable
- Able to work well as part of a team and independently
- Obtains good communication skills
- Able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities set
- Able to care and support residents day to day living
- To have the values of making a positive impact
- Must be fully vaccinated with both COVID vaccines
What we can offer:
- Competitive Salary of £9.85 per hour plus paid breaks
- Full time contract available
- Days on offer 36 hours per week
- Working hours: 8am – 8pm
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Yearly salary review
- Paid uniform provided
- On-going support with Training and Development
What does the job role involve?
We understand that care roles are demanding, and we are looking for candidates who are able to support our residents to remain active and independent and to also:
- To supervise a group of care assistants.
- Providing guidance and support to other care assistants.
- Provide support to residents as defined in their care plan.
- To assist in the planning and monitoring of resident care.
- Ensure that rights of residents are recognised and acknowledged at all times.
- To assist in obtaining, transmitting and storing information relative to the delivery of care whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Assist with care assistant induction programme and Core Training Programme
- To complete all other duties as per the senior care assistant job role
Why join us?
Our employees play a important role in our care homes and our values are based on ‘We Care About Care’. We are looking for individuals who have the same values and are able to help us make a real difference to the residents in our homes.
If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home and are looking for a rewarding job then we’d love to hear from you.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement:
As part of New Century Care’s recruitment and employment process you will be asked to confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status, including if required, your agreement to be vaccinated if not yet administered and your agreement to regular COVID-19 testing.
This is to ensure the safety and well-being of all our residents and staff.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. We will look forward in hearing from you.